Here are the must watch sports for July 2016
Published on Friday, July 1, 2016
This July we bring you our monthly instalment of the most talked about sporting events coming up this month. As a contractor with a flexible career, you have the opportunity to schedule your work around your favourite sports, so read our list and slot in your must-watch sports into your schedule and enjoy.
Euro 2016 is getting close to its final stages, with Germany and France among the favourites to win the trophy. Make sure you tune in on 10th July to watch the final match and see who is crowned the Euro 2016 winner. In the second week of July the Formula 1 British Grand Prix begins, and on 22nd July London will also be a host to the London Anniversary Games to celebrate the anniversary of the London 2012 Olympic Games and the start of this year’s summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Read on to find out all the must-watch sports for contractors this July:
- 6-10 July: European Athletics Championships, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 22-24 July: London Anniversary Games, Olympic Stadium, London, UK
- 5 July: England v Sri Lanka Twenty20, Southampton, UK
- 14-18 July: England vs Pakistan, first Test, Lord’s, London, UK
- 22-26 July: England vs Pakistan, second Test, Old Trafford, Manchester, UK
- 2-24 July: Tour de France
- 1 July: Euro 2016 quarterfinals Wales vs Belgium, Lille, France
- 2 July: Euro 2016 quarterfinals Germany vs Italy, Bordeaux, France
- 3 July: Euro 2016 quarterfinals France vs Iceland, Paris, France
- 6 July: Euro 2016 semi-finals Portugal vs Wales, Lyon, France
- 7 July: Euro 2016 semi-finals Germany vs France, Marseille, France
- 10 July: Euro 2016 final, Paris, France
- 1-3 July: Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, Austria
- 8-10 July: British Grand Prix, Silverstone, UK
- 22-24 July: Hungarian Grand Prix, Budapest, Hungary
- 29-31 July: German Grand Prix, Hockenheim, Germany
- 14-17 July: Open Championship, Troon, Scotland
- 28-31 July: US PGA Championship, New Jersey, USA
- 28-31 July: Women’s British Open, Woburn, UK
- 23 July: King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes, Ascot, Berkshire, UK
- 26-30 July: Glorious Goodwood, Chichester, UK
- 22-24 July: America’s Cup World Series, Portsmouth, UK
- 7 July: Wimbledon women’s semi-finals, London, UK
- 8 July: Wimbledon men’s semi-finals, London, UK
- 9 July: Wimbledon women’s finals, London, UK
- 10 July: Wimbledon men’s finals, London, UK
- 15-17 July: Davis Cup quarter-finals including Serbia vs Great Britain, Belgrade, Serbia
With Euro 2016, Wimbledon, Twenty20 and Tour de France, you will be glued to the TV. In the event that you are able to make it to any of these events in person, being a contractor will allow you to create your work schedule around this. Contracting is the career of choice for thousands of skilled professionals in the UK because being a contractor provides the flexibility and freedom to enjoy your hobbies while running your own business.
Find out more about contracting by contacting us on 01707 871622 or emailing us on email@example.com and we can provide you with specialist advice on running a contractor business including how to set up a limited company.
Make sure you keep an eye on our blog and follow us on our LinkedIn page for more sports updates as events unfold.
You may also like to read:
Share this content online