It’s that time again for our monthly instalment of the must-watch sports for the month ahead. August’s feature event for the month is the 2016 Olympic Games, which run from the 5th to the 21st of August.
It’s summer, the weather is warmer and as a contractor, you have the option to take as much time off as you like to enjoy your favourite activities, including sports. Use your extra free time to catch these events in August:
- 5 – 21: Olympic Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 3 – 7: England v Pakistan, third Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 11 – 15: England v Pakistan, fourth Test, The Oval, London
- 20: T20 Blast Finals Day, Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 24, 27, 30, 1 & 4 September: England v Pakistan, London ODI Series 2016
- 20 – 11 September: Vuelta a España, Spain
- 7: FA Community Shield, Leicester City vs Manchester United, Wembley
- 13: Premier League season starts
- 26 – 28: Belgian Grand Prix, Spa-Francorchamps
- 21 – 28: World Rowing Championships, Rotterdam
- 27: Rugby League – Challenge Cup final, Wembley
- 27 – 11 September: US Open, New York
This month’s big headliner is, of course, the Rio Olympic Games, which marks the first time that a South American city has hosted the Olympics. Read more fun facts about the 2016 Olympics here.
If you would like to know more about the benefits of contracting, such as having the ability to create your own work schedule and the option to take time off whenever you like, visit our website.