Becoming a contractor is a great career choice for many people who seek flexible working hours and the chance to have their own business. For you too, a career as a contractor could bring the freedom to choose your preferred working hours and location. It also makes it possible for you to plan your workload around personal activities, such as watching your favourite sports.
With the weather warming up (hopefully) and this summer’s top sports set to kick off in June, you may want to plan your work around some of your favourite sporting fixtures.
June’s main sporting event has to be the UEFA Euro 2016 in France. Along with that, you will be able to enjoy cricket, Formula One and Wimbledon. There’s plenty to enjoy this month! Whether you choose to watch these sports in person or on TV, make sure you have your favourites locked into your calendar so you don’t miss the action.
Contracting offers many benefits, so read on to find out which sports will be ideal for you if you are a contractor this June.
- 5 June: Diamond League, Birmingham, UK
- 24-26 June: British Athletics Championships & Olympic Trials, Birmingham, UK
- 9-13 June: England v Sri Lanka, third Test, Lord’s, London, UK
- 21, 24, 26, 29 June and 2 July: Cricket – England v Sri Lanka one-day internationals
- 10 June – 10 July: Euro 2016, France.
- 10-12 June: Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal
- 17-19 June: Azerbaijan Grand Prix, Baku, Azerbaijan
- 16-19 June: US Open, Oakmont CC, Pennsylvania
- 1-5 June: Women’s European Championships, Bern, Switzerland
- 4 June: Derby Day, Epsom, UK
- 14-18 June: Royal Ascot, UK
- 10-17 June: Men’s Champions Trophy, London, UK
- 18-26 June: Women’s Championship Trophy, London, UK
- 11 June: Start of summer series – Australia v England, New Zealand v Wales, South Africa v Ireland
- 18 June: Rugby Union – Australia v England, New Zealand v Wales, South Africa v Ireland, Japan v Scotland
- 25 June: Rugby Union – Australia v England, New Zealand v Wales, South Africa v Ireland, Japan v Scotland
- 13-19 June: Queen’s Club, London, UK
- 27 June-10 July: Wimbledon, UK
- 11-12 June: World Triathlon Series, Leeds, UK
This month’s sports schedule will certainly have you glued to the TV, so make sure you slot your favourite events into your schedule. If you are still a permanent employee and will struggle to find time to watch these events, you should consider becoming a contractor. Contracting not only gives you more freedom and flexibility, but it also increases your earning potential and can offer you more opportunities to develop yourself as a professional.
Churchill Knight & Associates Ltd is a contractor accountancy firm in London that has provided accountancy services to contractors and freelancers since 1998. We specialise in contractor accounting and can advise you on the best payroll service to suit you and your business needs whether it is a limited company or an umbrella company.
Visit our website to find out more about our contractor accountancy services and how much more income you could take home if you contract with Churchill Knight & Associates Ltd as your accountant.