Do you want to work smarter instead of just working harder? This week our blog highlights the top five apps that can reduce the number of devices you need to carry around, while keeping your personal life and work life separate.
One of the biggest demands that a modern contractor faces is synchronising data and useful tools across multiple digital devices. Whilst you might want to keep your personal data and applications on a separate phone or tablet to your work device, you may want your work calendar and professional contacts to synchronise on both personal and work phones and tablets.
Here at Churchill Knight & Associates Ltd, we are always on the lookout for the latest innovations, and so we have compiled our top 5 task and productivity management apps for you.
- Cal – available on iTunes, Android and onlineCal sets out to capture those tasks that are necessary to complete, but are easily overlooked, in your busy schedule. The clear overview of Cal gives you a breakdown of what tasks make up your day, what your deadlines are and how much you have already achieved. With social integration, you can share your location and make plans from the app itself.
- Trello – available on iTunes, Android and onlineIf you have a hectic schedule or manage a team, Trello will help you stay on top of everything and everyone. Trello allows you to assign jobs and tasks to others, monitoring how everyone is progressing with their tasks and if anyone is falling behind. All of your data and information is backed up to the cloud, and the app even synchronises in real time between all devices.
This app supports Apple Watch for those contractors who are on the move and Apple Handoff for full multi-device usability.
- Bluelight Filter – available on iTunes and AndroidResearch has proved that exposure to blue light from your media devices reacts with your brain signals and neurons, keeping you awake. Whilst it is fine in doses during the day, it does keep you alert and makes it that much more difficult to wind down, relax and drift off to sleep. The Bluelight Filter app blocks this light and stops the signals, which is perfect if you are addicted to using your devices late into the night.
The new iOS software update for iPhone also comes with a bluelight filter to help you wind down in the evenings.
- LinkedIn – available on iTunes, Android and onlineAs a contractor, you may be aware of the importance of using LinkedIn and how boosting your online profile and expanding your network can lead to your next contract or help you connect to a recruitment agency. The LinkedIn app allows you to share interesting posts, add connections and send messages on the go. Adding new contacts via the app, whether you know them yet or not, can increase the chances of cementing a new working relationship.
- Pomodoro Timer – available on iTunes and onlineThe Pomodoro Timer helps you boost your productivity using the Pomodoro Technique™, one of the most effective time management methods recently introduced. Not only will you get a fully configurable timer that lets you customize every aspect of the technique, but you will also find that your time is spent more productively, and the mobile phone app can also help identify gaps in productivity.
Your priority is delivering projects to your clients, completing tasks and working hard to find your next contract role, so why take on the added hassle of your contractor accounting?
Here at Churchill Knight & Associates Ltd, we have been working with contractors since 1998 and we understand the demands of contracting very well. This is why we are confident these apps will help improve your output and help you stay on top of your task list; additionally, we can support you further with our contractor accountancy service.
If you are a contractor or are looking to start contracting, contact our expert team who can help explain the benefits of contracting and how our service could help your contracting career. To speak to an expert today, contact our consultants at 01707 871622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.