The must-watch sports for contractors in April
Last updated on Thursday, March 31, 2016
Being a contractor has the benefit of not being restricted to traditional office hours. Use your flexible working hours and locations to your advantage this April and spend some time watching your favourite sports.
Among the many benefits of contracting, flexibility to choose your working hours and office location allows you the freedom to schedule your work life around your personal life and interests. A career as a contractor helps to improve the elusive work-life balance.
This April, hundreds of events are happening all over the UK and the rest of the world. From Formula One to Tour de Yorkshire, there will never be a dull moment as this month is packed with sport to watch and maybe even attend. Don’t forget to add your favourite events to your calendar.
- 24 April: London Marathon
- 12-17 April: British Championships and Olympic Trials, Glasgow, UK
- 9 April: IBF World Heavyweight Title, Anthony Joshua v Charles Martin, London, UK
- 3 April: World Twenty20 finals (men and women), India. The England men's team has progressed to the final.
- 10-13 April: County Championship begins
- 29 April-1 May: Tour de Yorkshire, UK
- 5-6 April: Champions League quarter-finals (1st leg)
- 7 April: Europa League quarter-finals (1st leg)
- 8 April: Women’s Football – England v Belgium, Euro 2017 qualifier
- 12-13 April: Champions League quarter-finals (2nd leg)
- 16-17 April: Scottish Cup semi-finals, Hampden Park, UK
- 23-24 April: FA Cup semi-finals, Wembley, UK
- 26-27 April: Champions League semi-finals (1st leg)
- 28 April: Europa League semi-finals (1st leg)
- 1-3 April: Bahrain Grand Prix, Sakhir, Bahrain
- 15-17 April: Chinese Grand Prix, Shanghai, China
- 29 April-1 May: Russian GP, Sochi, Russia
- 7-10 April: The Masters, Augusta, USA
- 9 April: Grand National, Aintree, UK
- 8-10 April: Rugby Union – European Champions Cup quarter-finals
- 22-24 April: Rugby Union – European Champions Cup semi-finals
- 16 April-2 May: Snooker World Championship
If you are a sports fan, April will certainly give you plenty to watch. Luckily, contracting gives you flexibility along with many other benefits, giving you more free time to enjoy your favourite sporting events. Find out more about how we can help you maximise your time as a contractor with our Contractor Accountancy Services.
Make sure you keep an eye on our blog and LinkedIn page for more sports updates as events unfold.
Share this content online