With so many umbrella companies to choose from, how do you know which one is best for your circumstances? A great way to start is to identify an umbrella company that is a member of the FCSA. To obtain FCSA membership, umbrella companies have to be able to prove they operate compliantly with HMRC rules, and regulations and this means you’ll be in the safest hands. After all, were you aware that if you use a non-compliant payroll provider, even by mistake, you could face severe penalties in the future?
Who is the FCSA?
The FCSA is the “UK’s leading membership body dedicated to raising standards and promoting supply chain compliance for the temporary labour market.” They are highly respected by contractors, freelancers, payroll providers, recruitment agencies and organisations that engage with temporary workers.
In a crowded marketplace, the FCSA make it easy for contractors and freelancers to identify which accountants and umbrella companies are providing compliant services. To obtain FCSA accreditation, Churchill Knight (and all of our associated companies)* underwent a comprehensive audit and thorough assessment process. As a result, we were able to prove that our internal procedures are in line with UK tax laws and we operate compliantly and ethically.
The FCSA has strict Codes of Compliance that every member must adhere to in order to successfully prove they ”provide services, advice and employment to the highest level of professional and ethical standards in the UK.”
FCSA accreditation is an official seal of approval from the UK’s leading industry body. Therefore, choosing an umbrella company without such a prestigious accreditation would be unwise.
Peace of mind
Using an FCSA umbrella company will ensure you can work on temporary assignments with complete peace of mind. You will be paying the correct, legal amount of income tax and National Insurance Contributions (NICs), and you will never face an unexpected tax bill from HMRC in the future.
Opting to use a non-compliant provider could land you in a world of trouble
Tax avoidance schemes are organisations that help people underpay tax and retain more of their pay than they ethically should. The most common types of tax avoidance schemes are off-shore loan schemes, trusts and job boards.
Unfortunately, there are many non-compliant take avoidance schemes out there, offering upwards of 80% take home pay retention. It may be tempting to use one of these companies, but please be warned – you could face hefty punishment from HMRC in the future. It is worth noting that if HMRC later decides that a company was a tax avoidance scheme, you could be retrospectively held accountable (read our blog about the Loan Charge for more information).
More than just an umbrella company
We are delighted to have achieved FCSA accreditation because we believe there is no better way to showcase our commitment to compliance within our industry. As well as offering a complaint and efficient umbrella service, all of our clients are entitled to:
- A stress-free registration process – You can sign up to us in only 10 minutes! Complete our short online registration form or call our friendly Consultants on 01707 871622.
- Same Day Faster Payments – Get paid the same day we receive your funds from your agency/client.
- No Hidden Costs – There are absolutely no hidden costs when you register with Churchill Knight Umbrella, including no joining or leaving fees.
- Free £25 million insurance cover – £10 million Employers Liability, £10 million Public Liability and £5 million Professional Indemnity insurance cover is included at no extra cost.
- Dedicated Account Manager – Every client will be assigned a dedicated Account Manager so that communication is easy!
- Churchill Knight Rewards – If you opt-in for our Rewards Package, you will get access to Churchill Knight Rewards. This is our exclusive employee reward scheme that will allow you to save money when shopping online/at the high-street, eating out, visiting UK wide attractions, going to the cinema, and more!
Contact us today for a free take home pay illustration
If you are interested in using a compliant, FCSA accredited umbrella company – you’ve come to the right place! Contact Churchill Knight Umbrella today for a free take home pay projection and a consultation with one of our Consultants. There are absolutely no hidden costs when you use our service, including no joining or leaving fees. You are free to hop on and off our payroll as you please!
* Churchill Knight & Associates Ltd has earnt the prestigious FCSA accreditation, along with all our associated companies – Churchill Knight Umbrella, Bluebird Accountancy and Umbrella Company UK. You can see our official FCSA Directory Listing by clicking here.