Churchill Knight CIS is a specialist payroll service for construction workers who want to remain sole traders.
As a CIS registered worker, when you register with us you will still remain self-employed. You will not become our employee like you would if you were using Churchill Knight Umbrella.
The processes involved are straightforward. You will go to work normally and will be required to keep a record of the hours you have worked. You must make sure your client is aware of your activity and that they record this information. Your client will then pay us your salary. Churchill Knight CIS will then pay you your salary, less our margin and a 20% CIS tax deduction that will be paid to HMRC on account.
If you are not CIS registered, you can still sign up with us and have your payroll taken care of by our CIS sole trader service. However, whilst the processes remain the same as if you were CIS registered, we are legally required to make a 30% CIS tax deduction to your pay and send this to HMRC on account, instead of 20%.
CIS registered or not – using Churchill Knight CIS will help safeguard you against any potential backdated tax bills in the future.
Throughout your time with us, you will be assigned your own Account Manager who will help ensure the whole experience is hassle-free and you have the support you need.
Here are just some of the excellent benefits available to you when you register with our Churchill Knight CIS sole trader service:
- Excellent Value – You can save money on VAT^ by opting to have your personal tax return and insurance† included in our weekly margin (using our comprehensive package).
- Tax Rebate – If you are able to claim expenses and/or have overpaid tax, you will be entitled to a tax refund at the end of the year.
- Flexibility – There is no minimum term or tie in period for our CIS service. If your circumstances change, you can transfer away from our CIS payroll with no complications.
- Easy Registration – The sign-up process is very quick. All we need from you is a completed and signed Churchill Knight CIS Registration Form, proof of identity and proof of address.
- Faster Payments – You will be entitled to free faster payments, meaning we are able to pay you the same day we receive your funds‡.
- Full Compliance – Churchill Knight is highly accredited and operates in full compliance with all HMRC legislation. We are proud to have never offered or promoted any tax avoidance schemes.
- Minimal Administration – It is the responsibility of our in-house specialists to remove a significant amount of the administrative burden for you.
^ If you decide to use our comprehensive package. Please contact us for more information. † Subject to insurers approval. Please contact us for more information. ‡ Providing we receive funds before 16:00.
If you have overpaid your tax over the course of a year, you will be entitled to a tax rebate from HMRC. You are also able to claim a tax rebate if you are entitled to any business related expenses – just make sure you keep hold of the receipts.
Many self-employed CIS contractors see their tax rebate as a useful way of saving money because every year you may be entitled to a potentially significant sum from HMRC.
If you would like Churchill Knight to take care of your Self-Assessment Tax Return, we can include this in our CIS sole trader margin, as well as insurance. This comprehensive service will make sure you receive excellent value because you will be able to save money on VAT.
Whatever your requirements, Churchill Knight CIS can help. We would be delighted to help you with any queries or concerns you may have. Please get in contact.