Blog for UK Contractors and Freelancers

Client Portal
Call us now
01707 871 610

Capital Gains Tax: When do you pay it?

Published on Friday, April 11, 2014

Written by Churchill Knight

It's always great when you make a profit on a valuable item or asset. In accountancy terms this is called a 'Capital Gain'. Tax is paid on the amount you 'gain' on the asset or item. depending on what it is you're making a profit on and if the gain over the tax year is £11,000 or more. Read more...

In the Know: How do I pay off my student loan as a contractor?

Published on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Written by Churchill Knight

Student loans are the one sore point of spending three plus years studying hard at University. Paying it back is also a drawn out process, with 9% of a permanent employee’s salary going to the student loan company once you earn over £16,910 (£21,000 if your course starts in September 2012). Read more...